Looking for a quick, healthy dinner? Try this recipe for ground turkey with green beans. Turkey is rich in tryptophan, which is needed for the production of serotonin, a mood-improving neurotransmitter. Green beans are a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, folate and other nutrients.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1½ cup green beans, chopped
- ¾ cup homemade tomato sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of crushed red pepper
What To Do
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a pan.
- Add in the ground turkey, breaking it up into small pieces.
- Once the turkey is almost cooked through, add the onion and garlic. Stir occasionally, and cook until the onions are golden brown.
- Add yellow peppers, green beans, and homemade tomato sauce.
- Cover the skillet, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
Recipe from Primavera Kitchen at https://www.primaverakitchen.com/ground-turkey-skillet-with-green-beans/