Not everyone likes to eat vegetables, which is a shame because they are power-packed with fibre, nutrients and vitamins for your health. Entice the picky eater in your life to try out some fresh veg with this simple yet attractive crudités recipe with a delicious ranch dip.
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Shredded cheese for garnishing
What To Do
- Blanch the broccoli florets, Brussel sprouts, green beans and cauliflower florets in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, then transfer them immediately to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- To make the dip, whisk together all the dip ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Remember to set aside the cheese and some of the dill for garnishing. Once well-mixed, transfer to a serving bowl and place it in the centre of a large serving platter.
- Arrange the vegetables around the bowl, and fill in the spaces with cherry tomatoes. Top the dip with a little shredded cheese and dill from earlier.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from EatingWell.com at http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/261227/eatingwell-crudite-vegetable-wreath-with-ranch-dip/